Hand Knit Hose
- Learn to knit your own period stockings and garters. Very thorough, with pictures.
19th Century Clothing articles
- Very informative site focusing on women's and children's clothing. Has articles on
clothing issues as well as various items for sale.
- A collection of interesting and informative articles from The Curiosity Shop on both men's and women's civilian clothing.
Civil War Fashion Bibliography
- Another very good page from the Curiosity Shop that studies period CDV's for clothing observations.
Historical Knitting Patterns
- A very comprehensive list of books and articles that pertain to the study of clothing in the mid-19th century.
The Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums(ALHFAM)
- A variety of historical knitting patterns from the early 19th century to the mid 20th century.
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Information on Living History working farms and links to museums.
Civil War Cookbook
- Heirloom variety seed exchange. Grow your own heirloom garden with period correct produce!
National Archives Photos
- Loads of recipes copied from period publications with helpful tips and pointers to deciphering the directions.
Civil War Refugees
- Large selection of mostly military photographs in the collection at the National Archives
- Information on refugees from Fort Ward Museum and Historic Site